Parent Page
Are you Eligible?
Types of Child Care
Parent Application
Report a Change
Provider Page
Contact Us

Contact us

Beaumont Location
510 Park Street, Suite 215
Beaumont, Texas 77701
Phone: 409-839-8045
Fax: 409-838-4048

Port Arthur Location
4680 FM 365
Port Arthur, Texas 77642
Phone: 409-962-1236


Do I qualify?
Below is a summary of the eligibility requirements for CCCS:

  1. If you are a single parent household, you must be currently working and/or in job training or attending an educational program for a minimum of 25 hours or more a week.
     Or, if you are a two parent household, you must BOTH be currently working and/or in job training or attending an educational program for a minimum of 50 combined hours or more per week.

  2. You meet the income guidelines.

  3. Your child is a U.S. citizen, or legal immigrant, and under the age of 13 years of age.

Do I have to be receiving welfare assistance to qualify for services?
No, there are several ways to receive services, however, some may have a waiting period.

I need child care - it is an emergency! What can I do?
Unfortunately, our program is not designed for emergency assistance. We are happy to determine if you are eligible for services, however, if funds are not available, you will need to be placed on a waiting list. If you need emergency services, you may dial 2-1-1.

Will I have to go on a waiting list? 
If funding is unavailable, you will be placed on a waiting list. Once on our waiting list, you will need to update your information every 90 Days. Once the funding becomes available, you will be outreached from the waiting list.

Why was my name deleted from the waiting list?
In order to stay on the waiting list, it is imperative that you call and update your information every 90 Days. Your information will be purged if is not updated in the required amount of time. We recommend that you call at least one to two weeks ahead of the expiration date to ensure your case is updated in a timely manner. It is important to remember to write down the date, time, and the name of the specialist you spoke with for future reference.

The provider I want has openings. Why do I have to be placed on a waiting list?
Our waiting list is for funding, not provider availability. You may want to ask your child care provider if they can offer you a sliding scale fee or scholarship while you wait for CCCS funding to become available.

Which providers do I use once I am on the program?
Parental choice is what drives this program. You have complete control of the placement of your child. You may choose a regulated provider who is monitored by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS), or an eligible relative provider.

What if I am on TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)?
You need to contact your nearest Workforce Solutions Center and ask about employment and training programs. If eligible, they will refer you to CCA. To locate your neighborhood Workforce Solutions Center, please click here.

What if I am looking for a job but not currently employed or in training?
In order to be eligible, you must be currently employed, in a job training, or attending an educational program. You can contact your nearest Workforce Solutions Center for job placement services.

I am in care and need to transfer to another provider. What can I do?
You need to research all available options before you request to transfer your child from one provider to another. It is extremely important that your child is in a stable, safe, nurturing environment so he/she can grow and bond with his/her caregiver. Having a consistent caregiver is one of the most crucial things that need to be in place for your child. Prior to granting permission for a transfer to another facility, you will need to help us determine your reason for the transfer:

  1. Is it due to a conflict with the caregiver; did you talk with the Program Director or caregiver about your concerns? Can this be resolved by mediation between the caregiver, you, and CCCS?
  2. Is it due to a health and safety issue and does it need to be reported to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS)? If this is the case, please contact DFPS 409-951-3301 right away.
  3. If you need to transfer, you can request this online by clicking here.

How is my co-payment determined?
Your cost of care is determined by your gross monthly income before taxes, including ALL household income, such as overtime, commission, bonuses, incentive pay, other employment, etc., and the number of children receiving child care subsidy. This fee is payable to the child care program and it is mandatory that it is paid timely.