The purpose of Inclusive Child Care Services for children with disabilities is to create supportive child care environments for children with disabilities and their families and to provide technical support to Child Care providers.
An Inclusion Plan is written for child care services for a child with a disability. Inclusion plans are based on recommendations made by a TWC approved professional who has assessed the child's developmental needs. The child's care must be consistent with their Inclusion Plan. Each child's Inclusion Plan will vary according to the number and type of goals identified and the number and type of activities that occur while the child is at the facility.
The following services may be available through our program:
- CCCS Funded Childcare for children through 18 years of age
- Technical support and consultation on appropriate care practices
- Support for child care providers in their efforts to include children with disabilities
- Development of care environments which promote development of children with disabilities
- Utilization of community resources
- Collaboration with other agencies providing services to children with disabilities
Throughout the process, the parent(s) or guardian, child care facility staff, and Provider Services Specialist work as a team to benefit the child. Community resources and collaboration are also utilized whenever possible.
For more information call 409-839-8045 x 3654 or to e-mail us, click here.